National Exam of the English Language in Jordan
The National Exam of the English is managed and developed by the Commission for the Accreditation of higher education institutions.
Students who wish to enter the graduate programmes- Master’s or Doctorate/PhD in Jordanian universities must undertake the national exam of the English language. This exam measures the proficiency level in the English language.
Minimum Passing Marks Required for Admission to the Master’s and PhD Programmes in Jordanian Universities:
- Students of dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacy and engineering faculties, must obtain 75%
- Students of other scientific fields and specializations (MBA) - 65%
- Students of administrative (except MBA), economic and humanitarian fields must score 50%
The test results are valid for a period of 2 years from the date of test.
The national exam comprises of four sections, and the total duration of the exam is 120 minutes.
- Reading comprehension and vocabulary
- Listening comprehension
- Linguistic structures and phrases
Registration and Fees
Candidates are required to fill the application that can be taken from the language centres in the Hashemite University, the University of Jordan, the University of Muta and Yarmouk University.
Fees: 50 Jordanian dinars
The National Exam of the English language takes place at the language centers in the Hashemite University, the University of Jordan, the University of Muta and Yarmouk University at different times.
To know more about the national exam, visit the official website of the Higher Education Accreditation Commission.