Admission Requirements for Higher Education Institutions in Jordan
Higher education institutions in Jordan offer several programmes at the undergraduate and graduate level. Read on to know about the admission requirements and procedure for bachelor, master and doctoral studies in Jordan:
Minimum Admission Requirements
For Bachelor’s degree: Students must hold a General Secondary Education Certificate or an equivalent qualification
For Master’s degree: Students must hold an undergraduate degree-bachelor’s.
For Doctorate degree: Students must hold a master’s degree in a related field.
English Language Proficiency
Students are required to demonstrate their level of command in English.
Scores of TOEFL-iBT/IELTS are accepted by many of the higher education institutions in Jordan.
National Exam of the English Language
- Accepted score is 65% or 75%
The score requirements vary depending on the university and course/programme
Prospective students must apply directly to the higher education institution of their choice. Some of the higher education institutions in Jordan
have an online application system, while some institutions accept applications through the mail. Fill in an application form and submit it with the required documents.
Admission for Undergraduate Studies
Students must have completed secondary education and hold the General Secondary Education Certificate (Tawjihi) or an equivalent qualification.
Average score (Tawjihi) needed for dentistry and medicine: 85 and above; for pharmacy and engineering fields- 80; and for all the other fields- 65.
- Educational transcripts
- General secondary education certificate (GSEC) or its equivalent qualification
- Birth certificate
- Valid family card (photocopy, for Jordanian pupils only)
- A valid identity card (for non-Jordanian pupils)
- Language certificates: TOEFL/IELTS, or Arabic (If applicable).
- A photocopy of the passport and 3 passport-size photos
- Evidence of financial status: Document indicating that you have sufficient financial resources for the entire duration of the course.
Admission for Graduate Studies
- Grade sheet of the bachelor's degree (for master’s programme)
- Grade sheet of the master’s degree (for doctoral studies)
- Official university transcript
- Birth certificate (original and photocopy)
- 2 passport-size photos
- Research proposal (for doctoral studies)
- Statement of interest: Indicating the preferred study area.
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of financial status
- Language exam: National exam of the English language
Additional Documentation (For Jordanian Students)
- A photocopy of the civil status card validated by the Civil Status Department
- A photocopy of the military service book, for male pupils born in 1989 and later
**All documents must be certified by the Ministry of Higher at your home country and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Each higher education institutions set their own entry requirements. Contact the respective higher education institution to know the exact admission requirements and process.